Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sleepy, Sleepy, Sle....zzzz

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 8:58 AM
For some reason I have been extremely exhausted lately. Not sure why, but it's really messing with me.
My birthday was last Friday(April 26th) and it was pretty good. I got off work a little early so I got to go to a book-sale at the library. I got a few books I've been wanting to read so I was happy. On Saturday my fiance took me to see his parents and they had a "new" used book store. We went there and I was expecting to find crappy books that no one wants... Boy was I wrong. The store is called 2nd and Charles. They had 4 huge aisles of YA books. I was in heaven. I made it out with 6 books from my wishlist. Only 6 because I didn't want to spend every penny I had for that week. I will be going back next Saturday with a full paycheck in hand =D

The books I got this week:



                                
    






I'm going to review two books that I have just finished.


Meridian
Amber Kizer
REVIEW: For some reason, I didn't think I was going to like this book. I picked it up at Ukazoo because I remembered a lot of people wanted it on Paperbackswap. I decided to read it because a friend has it on their wishlist and I wanted to offer it to them. Boy was I surprise when I couldn't put it down. I laughed, I cried, I didn't want it to end. Meridian and Tens make an adorably awkward pair. This book gave me a whole new perspective on dying. I cried when Auntie died, I felt all the emotions Meridian felt towards Tens, I was on edge when Perimo found their hiding spot. Overall, this is now the best book I've read in a LONG time. It's now considered one of my favorite books and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book. I give this book 5/5 stars. 

COVER:
The cover is mainly what drew me to the book. I kind of thought it was going to be some sort of mermaid book after I took a closer look. I like how it was kept simple with 3 main colors but somehow it still expressed a lot.




Die For Me
Amy Plum

REVIEW: This book is the epitome of Young Adult Paranormal Romance. It took me a little while to read but I think that was because I didn't want to miss anything. The emotions in this book were up and down, up and down. I never really knew what was going to happen next. Of course I knew Kate and Vincent would end up together in the end, but I didn't know exactly how it was going to happen. There is blood, gore, action, romance and so much more packed into this one book. The fact that someone who is pretty much immortal would give up their immortality to be with a human is romantic and mind blowing. There is still so much that has been left unanswered and so many possibilities for all the characters. The relationship between Kate and her sister, Georgia, was portrayed very nicely. It made me think of my own sister and how we are close but we have bad arguments. It definitely was very real. I really enjoyed this book and I'm going to start the second one as soon as I'm done writing this. I ABSOLUTELY adored this book. It had the perfect mixture of action and romance along with gripping emotional turmoil. I connected with the main character, Kate, very well. I found myself in tears when she thought her best option was to tear herself away from Vincent in order to live a normal, "happy" life. I enjoyed how each character was extremely well thought out and they each had very different stand out personalities. The end of the book was exciting and scary. I couldn't put the book down for the last seventy pages. Vincent is every young woman's dream guy. I give the book 5/5 stars.

COVER:
The cover is very beautiful. It definitely reflects Kate and I like that.



CURRENTLY READING:
I am currently reading a book on my Kindle App called Gravity by Abigail Boyd. It's my nighttime book for when my fiance is sleeping and I can't have the light on. It's definitely a good book. Very horror/paranormal. I am also about to start Until I Die by Amy Plum. Hopefully it is as good as the first book was.


In Other News:
We got a new bed. I'm not sure whether I love it or hate it. Sometimes I get the best sleep ever on it and sometimes I can't sleep at all. Also in the process of looking for a sofa so I have something to cuddle up and read on. I'm hoping to pick up the pace with reading soon. I've been so distracted with Runescape and other random things. Plus it doesn't help that I can't read unless it's quiet, and it's never quiet in my house.

Well... That's all for today! Hopefully I finish Gravity soon so i can review that. And I will let you guys know what I get at the book store next weekend! Bai bai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei