Sunday, March 18, 2018

REVIEW: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Backy Albertalli - Paige

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
Rating: 
Genre: YA Contemporary/Romance
Recommended Age: 15+ (diversity!, language, underage drinking, awesomeness!)
Pages: 303
Author: Becky Albertalli
Amazon

Synopsis:
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.


I’m not one for romance! Just kidding, I enjoy it infrequently. I’ve actually been meaning to read this book but circumstances beyond my control (totally within my control) have prevented me from doing so until now and OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE I NEEDED THIS BOOK SO SO MUCH! AND IT WAS ADORABLE AND CUTE AND AWESOME AND ADORABLE AND DID I MENTION ADORABLE?!?! AHJKLFHKJSDHFKASDHFKASHDKFJLHASKLDFHAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The characters, the diversity, the plot, the world building, etc. were PERFECTION! Becky did amazing work in this book and it should be praised and appreciated by all!

Since I always point out a bad flaw, I’ll say that I felt the ending was teased out way too much and it should have ended when the Carnival happened. And I also think that, knowing Becky is about to release a spin-off book called Leah on the Offbeat, that this book has some loose ends that will lead perfectly into that spin-off book. Leah’s character always felt a little off, but now that she’s getting her own book I have all the confidence in the world that the book will explain everything that went down on her end. 

Verdict: I need a series with all of these characters in their own spin-off series. I’d read it. I’d ship it. I’d bathe in it. If you’ve not read this book, drop everything and do it now!
*Click on the signature to go to Paige's blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei