Monday, October 8, 2018

REVIEW: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM

Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Genre: Young Adult Historical Thriller
Publisher: Jimmy Patterson
Publication: September 20th 2016
Cover Rating: 5/5
Reading format: Provided ARC/Owned Hardback


I wanted to start this review off by saying I have read this book 3 times now and for some odd reason, I never posted my review for it. I had one all written up and even had the custom synopsis picture I do finished but something happened between point A and point B the follow-through just never happened sooooo I decided to trash the older review and rewrite a new one now that I have read the book AND LOVED IT so many times.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco is a wonderful retelling and reimagining of the Jack the Ripper murders. This book stars the lovely Audrey Rose Wadsworth and the dashing Thomas Cresswell as they assist Audrey Rose's uncle in trying to solve the Ripper murders that are happening throughout the book. 

Jack the Ripper is one of my favorite unsolved mysteries that I like to read and watch shows/movies about. So, when I heard about this book it instantly shot to the top of my TBR. I was lucky enough to get an advance copy so I got to read the book before it came out and I don't know if that was a blessing or a curse because then I had to wait over a year for the next book to come out. Sometimes reviewing books early suuuckksss.

During the book Audrey Rose and Thomas team up to try and figure out the murders by themselves. This leads to a lot of mystery and mayhem and perhaps a stolen kiss or two. Oh, how I loved the dynamic between the two characters. Audrey Rose was trying to keep her virtue and good name intact while Thomas was being all sorts of tempting and making lewd jokes and advances. Nothing about the situation was harmful and they just complimented each other perfectly.

I loved the historical aspect of the book. I used to very much dislike historical fiction but ever since this book came out I have been devouring it. Especially if it contains a mystery/thriller element. I might even go so far as to say that Historical Mystery/Thriller is my new favorite genre, aside from plain old Mystery/Thriller.

After many failed attempts at tracking down the killer and even going so far as to name someone very close to her as the killer, the book came to an ending that I truly was not expecting. I can usually guess where a book is going and so far, with Ripper, Dracula, and Houdini, I have not been able to guess the killer until the very last moment before he is revealed. But the killer for Ripper was very shocking and heartbreaking all at once. 

In the end, I wish I could fully put into words how amazing I believe this book and the others in this series are but I really don't think there are any words for the emotions I feel when reading this series. I adore these books so much and I want to thank Jimmy Patterson for publishing these and many other amazing books. If you haven't checked out any of the books under this publishing brand then you are seriously missing out!

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei