Monday, March 18, 2019

REVIEW: You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook - 4/5 stars

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
Title: You Owe Me a Murder
Genre: Young Adult Mystery/Thriller
Author: Eileen Cook
Publisher: HMH
Publication: March 5th 2019
Cover Rating: 4/5
Reading Format: Netgalley

You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook is the story of Kim and Nicki. Kim is a scorned lover and Nicki feels like her mother has ruined her life. These two meet in an airport and become quick friends, start drinking on the plane and make lists about WHY the two people who hurt them deserve to die. Nicki jokingly tells Kim that it could be the perfect crime, killing each others person, because they don't know the person and have no true motives. But what if Nicki wasn't exactly "joking"?

Kim has a lot on her plate. Not only did her boyfriend break up with her but she now has to go on a trip with him that she signed up for before they broke up because her mother thinks it would be good for her. Her mother also thinks BLOGGING about her daughter's life is a good idea. Hmmm. Oh, and did I mention her ex's new girlfriend will be going on the trip as well? And she has a voice that carries. 

After meeting Nicki on the plane, they lose touch and Kim feels bad about it but she decides to enjoy her trip anyways. Then she meets a guy named Alex and she starts to have a decent time until disaster strikes. Somehow, Conner, the guy who ripped her heart out, ends up in front of a train and is killed. Surely it's just a coincidence, right? A stroke of bad luck? Maybe even suicide.

The end of this book was kind of shocking but also kind of expected. It was crazy to see what all Nicki was capable of and I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Nicki had met a different person on that flight that day. Also, did Nicki have anything to do with the baby?! 

I have no idea why but the entire time I was writing this review I kept wanting to add emoji's. Lot's of eye-rolls and the finger on chin thinking emoji popped into my head a lot. Can you even add emoji's to a review?! I am not sure. 🤔

In the end, this wasn't my favorite book by Eileen Cook. There was one specific thing that rubbed me wrong but it's a personal thing, I guess, so I won't dock her too much for that but this story just didn't hit me like all of the other books I have read did. I still enjoyed the story and will continue to read all of her books.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei