Sunday, June 2, 2013

Procrastination at its finest

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:17 PM
I really should have wrote this yesterday... Technically I should have finished Shatter me 2 days ago. But, alas, procrastination got the better of me. I wanted ONE more post for May but that just wasn't in the cards. Not to get entirely off track, I seem to be good at that, but it's raining. Its actually been raining(ish) all day but the sky just decided to open up and this torrential downpour just started outside of my window.

ANYWAYS, back on track. I finished Shatter Me yesterday while I was at the in-laws house. My fiance and his parents were watching Kung-Pow or whatever so it gave me plenty of time to read. Those spoof movies make me think my brain is slowly rotting. Let me do this review before I get too far from the subject.

Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi

REVIEW:
First of all let me start with saying this book seems to be one of those where you either completely adore it or entirely despise it. I don't think there is a middle ground at all. After finishing the book I got on Goodreads to say that I finished it and I scrolled down a little further to where the reviews are. I was completely blown away by the reviews I read. Some people are way too angry to even be writing reviews. Other people had valid points. But the star ratings were either 1&2 or 4&5. I personally don't understand why so many people hated the book but I loved it. At first I didn't think I would because of the crossed out writing, I found myself quickly getting over there and focusing more on the story. Juliette is a very obsessive character but then again so is Adam and I think that's what makes them so great together. The world they describe in the book is how I imagine out world is going to be soon if we don't do something about it. Warner confused me a little bit. He seemed just a tad too, whats the world I'm looking for, sane? He seems more lonely than vengeful. Like he was that guy in school with the black chained pants and black band t-shirts that everyone ignored or made fun of and all he wanted was someone to notice him in a good way. I enjoyed the creative metaphors. They helped paint strange but vivid pictures in my head. I do wish there was a little bit more background given on the characters and I wish Juliette and Adams relationship would have been given a little more time to blossom. The romance is a little obsessive but it also seems natural. Overall I give the book 5/5 stars.

COVER: I love the cover! The version I got was from Australia so it has the shiny cover with the girl on it. The girl doesn't have blue/green eyes though. So it doesn't portray Juliette very well.

In Other News:
Please allow me a moment to express my excitement! I FINALLY found a copy of the 2nd book in the Meridian series!!!! It was at the 2nd and Charles in Hagerstown. I checked the last time I went but nothing. I got super duper lucky this time. I actually squealed in the store.

Last week a train derailed and exploded about 15 miles from my house. I was taking a bath when it happened and it shook my entire house. At first I didn't think anything of it because I live in front of an army base so I'm used to them doing bombing tests and such. But then I got on Facebook and a bunch of people were talking about it. I couldn't get very close but I took some pictures of the smoke.

New Books:

These are the books I got from Ollies this week.


These are the books I got from 2nd & Charles. Although Wildcat Fireflies was $7.99 I was still sooo happy that I found it!

RANDOM:
I have been sitting here for a while watching my fiance work on his computer case so I thought I would show you guys his baby(the reason we can't afford to have kids haha!)

This thing is MASSIVE! It is as tall as our bed(frame+boxspring+matress). He's organizing the wiring and adding drive bays and such. Oh the computer language I have learned over the past 4 years because of him... It frightens me. Haha!

CURRENTLY READING:
I am about to start either Unravel Me or September Girls.

I seriously need a part time job in order to fund my book addiction. But it would be sooo worth it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei