Monday, February 17, 2014

Mini Review Monday[4] The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 8:33 PM

The Distance Between Us
Kasie West

REVIEW
I fricken adored this book. It was the perfect amount of mushy and sad. 

Caymen works in her moms doll shop, of which they happen to also live above. I am definitely with Caymen when she says that the dolls are creepy. But working here has given Caymen some good things in life. She has a pretty close relationship with her mother. She has a best friend that works next door and would not have met had it not been for her mothers doll store.

I've never had any sort of relationship with a rich person. Be it friendship, dating, or even acquaintances. Caymens life just seems to revolve around the rich folk. 

Xander is adorable. He has some snotty quirks but that is to be expected from someone who has grown up around money. 

I actually didn't like Mason/Tic very much. I have no idea what it was about him but he made me think of that guy, Kieffer, from Teen Mom.

Meeting the Meyers was an emotional part of the book. I felt it was wrong of Caymens mom to keep her grandparents from her but I do sort of understand her reasoning, no matter how selfish. Caymen still should have had the choice.

I am happy with the path the book took towards the end. And it couldn't have been a proper love story without someone getting sick or something bad happening.

My main question after devouring this entire book is what was the exact story with Caymens dad? I really would love to know what happened there. It's not like Caymens mom was poor white trash and her dad ran away because of that. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Mini Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei