Monday, June 2, 2014

Mini Review Monday[14] Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 7:00 AM

I tried to read Struck 3 times. For some reason I just couldn't get into it. But after signing up to participate in an interview with the author I sat down and pushed myself to read the book. I can't say that I am disappointed but the beginning of the book was hard to get through.

If you enjoy books that have to do with natural disasters, religious cults, human suffering, high school and a weird love story then this book is probably for you. Oh, and did I mention the weirdest addiction I have ever heard of? Yeah, that's in this book too.

Mia is one of the characters that annoy me but without her the book wouldn't have been what it was(besides the obvious fact that she was the main character). She was very insecure about her scars and felt that she was a freak.

Jeremy confused the living heck out of me. He was a very sweet, cute guy but I totally didn't see the plot twist in the end happening.

The whole war between The Seekers and The Followers seemed a lot like any high school clique situation. One side hated the other and they were both trying to recruit the same person.

The ending is what really sold me on this book. I thought it was very adorable. The Tower and The Lovers wasn't how I pictured the book ending. I am also glad that Mia and Parker's mother was okay. I teared up a bit at that part.

Overall, even after the very rough start, I gave the book 4/5 Mini Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei