Monday, September 15, 2014

Mini Review Monday[21] Rain by Amanda Sun

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM









I loved Ink from the very beginning and Rain was no different. It felt so good to be transported back into this wonderful world. 

From the very beginning you have action. The story is fast paced and keeps you wanting more. 

Katie was a strong character in Ink and she developed even more in Rain. She fought for what she wanted and didn't back down. I admire that. 

Tomohiro is such a great guy character and you can't help but love him. 

While you are reading you feel like you are actually in Japan with the characters. The description makes you feel like you are seeing everything the characters are. It is very fascinating in learning Japan's culture. You get to see the cultural differences between America and Japan. Between how you say someones name and the kind of shoes you wear in different places. You not only get to see the cultural differences, but you also get to hear some of Japan's legends or stories that have been passed down. I find it very interesting and fascinating to learn about some other country's legends. 

I also like Katie's friends Yuki and Tanaka. It shows you that you come across those kinds of friends who will do anything for you as you will do for them and I really connected to that. I did not like Tomohiro's dad and how he treats his son. It made me so sad. 

An added bonus were the illustrations throughout the book. I loved seeing them. I think they are so pretty and they added to the story since it revolves around ink and drawing. 

I can't wait for the conclusion to his series and yet I don't want it to come because I don't want the story to end.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei