Friday, October 10, 2014

Double Vision Review[2] Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM





I tried to read Struck 3 times. For some reason I just couldn't get into it. But after signing up to participate in an interview with the author I sat down and pushed myself to read the book. I can't say that I am disappointed but the beginning of the book was hard to get through.

If you enjoy books that have to do with natural disasters, religious cults, human suffering, high school and a weird love story then this book is probably for you. Oh, and did I mention the weirdest addiction I have ever heard of? Yeah, that's in this book too.

Mia is one of the characters that annoy me but without her the book wouldn't have been what it was(besides the obvious fact that she was the main character). She was very insecure about her scars and felt that she was a freak. 

Jeremy confused the living heck out of me. He was a very sweet, cute guy but I totally didn't see the plot twist in the end happening. 

The whole war between The Seekers and The Followers seemed a lot like any high school clique situation. One side hated the other and they were both trying to recruit the same person. 

The ending is what really sold me on this book. I thought it was very adorable. The Tower and The Lovers wasn't how I pictured the book ending. I am also glad that Mia and Parker's mother was okay. I teared up a bit at that part. 

Overall, even after the very rough start, I gave the book 4/5 Mini Kitties.





I found this to be a very interesting read. I haven't read anything before where someone could absorb lightening like Mia does.

Mia is a strong character. She will do anything in her power to keep her mother and brother safe from anything that could harm them.

This book is centered around religion. More importantly the six seals. Reading this it reminded me of the show Supernatural because of the seals being opened and once they were all opened the world would end. I'm not a religious person at all and in the beginning reading this annoyed me. But eventually when things started to fall into place I liked how it all fit together to make a very entertaining story.

There were slow parts here and there, but once it picked up I was glued.

I haven't read anything like this before and I wasn't sure about reading it, but I'm really glad I did. I loved how we got a sense of things from both sides. From what the Seekers and what the Followers were trying to do and where Mia fit into everything and what she had to do to save the world and stop the storm from opening the last seal.

I liked the character Jeremy, who came to Mia. I liked what he could do, but it reminded me too much of the character Sam from Supernatural. Of course it wasn't exactly the same, but for what they could do it was very similar. This isn't a bad thing. I actually really loved that Jeremy could see visions of the future and how if he touched someone with his hands that person could see them as well.

I really enjoyed reading this and had a good time with it. I loved seeing what Mia was going to do so the visions that Jeremy was having wouldn't come true. To see how things changed and how each person changed, as well, through their experiences of what happened.

This book shows how in a time of crises, how religion can affect people in a bad way. Such as how "Prophet" was gaining a cult leading because he was saying he could hear "God" speaking to him when he was just trying to get people to follow him so he could gain power. And in the end when things were getting worse, they weren't there to stand by him.

I'm excited that there will be a sequel. I can't wait to see where Jennifer Bosworth will take the story for Mia and Jeremy.

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei