Thursday, October 2, 2014

REVIEW: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi + Music Video

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM














Oh, Ignite Me, you are so good at pulling the rug out from under my feet and leaving me completely confused and saddened. You took everything I thought I knew and twisted it around. Warner? Adam? WHAT?!

It took me eight months to read this book and I am still trying to figure out if reading it was a good idea. I didn't want the series to end and now that it has I just want to pick Shatter Me up and start reading the trilogy again.

The first part of the book doesn't come as much of a surprise. Obviously Juliette was going to be okay or there really wouldn't be a point in having a third book.

Warner was always a confusing character. He HOT, of course, but his emotions and personalities were all over the place. I was starting to think he was bipolar. My bipolar thoughts of Warner didn't change until about half way through the book.

Adam... Jesus ever-loving Christmas! He earned the new bipolar award from me. He also earned dickhead of the year award. Everyone thought Warner was the wrong guy for Juliette but in reality Adam was the wrong one. He was so volatile, temperamental and downright cruel throughout this book. I will never understand how love can turn to hate so quickly.

I loved how everyones powers evolved throughout the book. Projection seems like it must be really awesome. 

The emotional level of this book is HIGH. Everything was emotional and painful in the beginning. Adam towards Juliette. Juliette towards both Warner and Adam, Kenji towards Castle, etc. Everything just seemed on edge and a lot of hearts were on sleeves. 

Kenji was sooo different in this book. He was more talkative it seemed and he also seemed gay. Like a gay guy best friend. Some of the banter between him and Juliette was just amazing. But I do feel that Kenji was pushed to the side by everyone. No one ever asked him if he was okay or if he wanted to talk about what was on his mind. He was just expected to make everyone laugh and be the backbone of the group.

One HUGE thing I didn't expect was Warners reaction to the whole brother situation. I expected him to freak out and kill Adam. But instead he tried to BOND with him! Seriously?! I felt so blindsided by that. But I guess that just proves that Warner really is different than we were first shown. But after losing his mother I can understand how much Warner must have wanted to have a family. It will probably be awkward for Juliette some day. Uncle Adammmmm. 

The war was not a war. It was pretty much a cut scene and then it went straight to Juliette ending everything. I was expecting there to be death and bloodshed and a lot of violence but it was really all about Juliette on a ship. Like thirty pages were dedicated to her searching around this ship for Anderson. It was rather boring and a little disappointing.

I am so glad that Ignite Me had a more successful ending than Unravel Me did. I do wish we could have found out what happened to everyone AFTER the war ended. There are so many thing left open and so many different endings that could happen.

Favorite Quote:
"Do you never get exhausted being so wholly unbearable? You have as much charisma as the rotting innards of unidentified roadkill." -Warner to Adam

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 kitties.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei