Monday, June 1, 2015

Mini Review Monday[44] The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: The Vespertine (book 1)
Author: Saundra Mitchell


I was intrigued by the description of this book. I thought I was really going to enjoy this, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I was going to. I found it to be slow and boring for the most part. 

I didn’t like Amelia's brother, August. I found him to be mean to his sister instead of caring for her. His wife Lizzy was the nice one to her. For August, it got to the point she sent her away to live with their cousin’s states away. 

The only reason I kept reading was because of Nathaniel. The way he was around Amelia and how he made her feel. It was cute. 

Once it got to be over the halfway point, that’s when things started to pick up for me. Amelia’s visions started to become a main point of the book. That’s when I really started to like it. Nathaniel and she started to get closer as well. Truths came out between them and you could see that they really cared for one another. 

The end is when I really enjoyed it. Different parts of Amelia’s life started to fall apart and she eventually went back home to her brother and his wife. It wasn’t the best there for her, but they did start to turn for the better. I would like to see where this new chapter takes Amelia.

I rated this book 3.5/5 stars.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei