Thursday, June 11, 2015

REVIEW: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: P.S. I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon + Schuster
Publication: May 26th 2015
Cover Rating: 5/5


P.S. I Still Love You was such an amazing continuance of the previous book. It picked up about a week or so after To All the Boys I've Loved Before ended and it didn't miss a beat. In fact, I enjoyed this one better than the first one. I thought I gave the first one this amazing 5 star review but after I picked this book up I went back to read my review as a refresher and found out I have the first book 3 stars! I think if I reread it now the rating would be higher but I am so glad I enjoyed this book.

Lara Jean matures a bit throughout this book. In the previous book she was very childish and the entire book was based on lies. In this book Lara Jean is very truthful and a lot stronger. She sticks up for herself and she even goes after Peter instead of the other way around. I am not sure how this book would have turned out if Lara Jean hadn't pushed herself to go talk to Peter on New Years.

Peter was a jerk but he was also very loyal. I knew he still had feelings for Gen but he was there for her as a friend and that had to be hard for him. Lara Jean didn't take any of that into consideration. She just jumped to conclusions and ended up ruining their relationship. While I do understand why Lara Jean felt the way she did I also would have liked to see a little bit more character development with her confidence. 

Gen was a thorn in Lara Jean's side. Although there really wasn't anything more than friendship between her and Peter she kept pursuing him and making Lara Jean feel like she would never have Peter to herself. Gen posted a nasty video that could have ruined more than just Lara Jean's reputation. Gen just isn't a very nice person and I don't see how she could have done these things to someone that used to be her best friend. Sisters before Misters?

There were so many other side stories going on in this book. I enjoyed them all though. There was Kitty's plot to get her dad together with this one woman. Then there was GoGo and her situation with Josh and moving on with her life. Then there was Josh and him getting a new girlfriend. I feel like Josh went about things all wrong. He tried to get back the friendship he had with Lara Jean but when they started talking again he randomly got a new girlfriend and blocked her out of his life again.

The nursing home played another big part in this book. It tied Lara Jean together with a feisty resident named Stormy. Then through Stormy Lara Jean is pushed together with a guy she had written one of her love letters to that moved years ago. John Ambrose was a very nice plot twist. If he wasn't Stormy's grandson I don't think Lara Jean and John would have gotten as close as they did. But I really could have seen Lara Jean being happy with him. But her heart was just being pulled in too many directions. 

This book actually made me cry. I can honestly say this is the first book where I have had tears on my cheeks. All the talk of Lara Jean's mother and how difficult it truly was for her to grow up without a mother just hurt. I could never imagine my life without my mother. I think the book made me think of myself in Lara Jean's position and I really didn't like it. 

I did like how the book ended. I didn't want Lara Jean and Peter to break up but I also wanted to see what would happen with John. I would love to see an alternate ending where her and John ended up together. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei