Saturday, October 7, 2017

REVIEW: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:00 AM
Rate:
5/5

Goodreads Description:
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” So begins Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen’s witty comedy of manners—one of the most popular novels of all time—that features splendidly civilized sparring between the proud Mr. Darcy and the prejudiced Elizabeth Bennet as they play out their spirited courtship in a series of eighteenth-century drawing-room intrigues. Renowned literary critic and historian George Saintsbury in 1894 declared it the “most perfect, the most characteristic, the most eminently quintessential of its author’s works,” and Eudora Welty in the twentieth century described it as “irresistible and as nearly flawless as any fiction could be.”

Review:
My first Jane Austen book! I do wish I had actually gone the physical book route because I went with the audiobook and it all seemed to go so fast. To me this was the type of book that you had to turn the pages at your own pace. That being said, I really enjoyed this book anyways but for I fact I will still have to go back and physically go through the book because it felt a little fast and like things didn't stick. It made me so happy to finally meet Mr. Darcy and all these characters that are frankly iconic. Now, the characters just seemed to opposite of me in every way, very self absorbed in a way that just made me roll my eyes. In any other book this would've been a massive turn off but blissfully, I really though of how things where back in the day and how women didn't really have a choice in many matters during that time. Before I continue to read another Jane Austen novel, I will attempt to revisit this one in the near future.

Recommend it?
If you like classic romance.v

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei