Monday, March 24, 2014

HelloJennyRants - Cover Changes

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:13 PM
As I sit here and look at the books on my shelves I find myself getting angry that some books don't match.

Now I understand the authors feelings when they want to change a book cover. They find something that they believes fits their book better and it makes them happy. But please, for the love of all that is holy, re-release the first book in hardback so that it matched the rest. Most changes come with the second book so the paperback release of the first book will have a cover change but that leaves the very first hardback left behind. I personally like to collect series in hardback as I'm sure many other people do.

But that isn't what angers me the most. The thing that REALLY gets me is when authors change THE LAST BOOK IN A SERIES! And here is my number one example:


 


I do have to say that this is the cover change that infuriates me the most. I understand that the last books cover goes with the title. But COME ON. Not only is it ugly but it clashes so horribly with the first two books. Would it be so hard to release two covers and just redo the paperbacks in this new ugly cover? My first two hardbacks are sooo beautiful and they match and then it's like uhh what is that book? Does it belong there? I've actually had a friend come over and tell me that the book doesn't belong with the series and I laughed.

How do you feel about cover changes? Feel free to let me know in the comments =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei