Sunday, July 27, 2014

REVIEW: Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 6:16 PM






There's so much to say. I'll start by saying what turned me on for this book was the cover it has this creepy aspect and I love that. 

The second reason is I read that if you are a fan of Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children then you will like this so I had to check it out and the blurb for what it is about got me hooked. If you have read Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children than you will get the feel of that in this book. With the pictures and how the chapters are set up it has the same feel. 

Now onto what I thought.

 The cover gives off a creepy feel like I mentioned and this story definitely gives off a creepy aspect. That is bound to happen when you are dealing with an asylum where patients were experimented on. When I think of asylums that have a history I immediately get the creep factor. 

This book did not disappoint. Madeleine Roux wrote such a beautiful yet creepy story that keeps you hooked. There is such a mystery surrounding the main character Daniel Crawford, Dan for short. Such as what his connection to the asylum is? There are many questions surrounding him and the asylum. Things go bump in the night. The ending is wow. I want to read Sanctum right now just to finish the story. 

Besides the mystery of Dan there is the mystery of one of his friends Abby. Her family has history with this asylum as well and she was determined to figure it out to try and help her father. I love how that mystery was solved in the end. Such a well written book and can't wait to read more.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei