Monday, August 4, 2014

Mini Review Monday[16] Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:20 PM

 Title: Don't Look Back
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout












Don't Look Back was the first Jennifer L. Armentrout book I have ever actually read. I was looking for a standalone book and I am glad I picked this one up. With all the Dystopian, contemporary romance and fantasy YA books out there, this was a lovely change of pace. There aren't enough thriller YA books out there and Don't Look Back was done right.

Sam was a bitch. There is no light way to put it. But after her "accident" she turned into someone completely different. Her old self, some might say. And she actually wants to stay like that. Even as she starts to remember bits and pieces of her past she remains the Nice Sam and I really liked that. I kind of expected her to gain her memories back and instantly go back into bitch mode. 
 
Sam is seriously a strong character. She is smart and funny and I think the memory loss was a good thing for her. The events surround it weren't pleasant in the least but they turned her into a better person.



Carson.. Oh dear Carson. I could have sworn on my soul that he was the bad guy. Turns out he was just trying to get good grades. And then we have Del The Dick. The crap he pulls by telling Sam that they have the perfect relationship and using her amnesia to repair what he broke was extremely low. After finding out about Del and Cassie I had a feeling that he was the bad guy. But once again, I was wrong.

I will definitely say that this book had me thinking everyone was the killer except the actual killer. I really didn't see the end coming and I LOVED that. Being able to predict a book gets really old. It's a shame what happened to Cassie. It just shows that money can rule people. Sam's father didn't want to lose everything and sadly his need to keep his wife and money resulted in tragedy.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 Mini Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei