Thursday, August 21, 2014

REVIEW: Once We Were by Kat Zhang

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM







It felt good to be back in the hybrid world. I have been wanting to read this since I read the arc of What's Left Of Me.

I love the whole concept of every human being born with two souls in one body. When they hit a certain age that they just become one soul, while others stay as two. 

Though I enjoyed this installment very much it was slow to me. It didn't go as fast as the first one did. That's the only bad thing about this one. 

Now onto the good. In What's Left Of Me Addie is the one that is controlling Addie and Eva's body. Soon Eva starts to get control over their body very slowly and with help. In this book Eva gets control of their body a lot more and I really liked that she did. Out of the two girls I like Eva more than Addie. Though I love how strong Addie is. We get to see how Eva grows throughout the book and see how she starts to make her own choices. She becomes a stronger character than she was in the beginning. 

We get introduced to new characters and a lot of them I didn't like. They had this air about them that didn't settle with me. The one character, Jackson, I did like. Though he made mistakes he did get Addie out of her shell more. At the end he does try and make things right. 

We also got to learn more about what hybrids can do. Such as, one soul can drift away for a while, so that the soul that is controlling the body has complete control. They don't have anyone in their head talking to them. Not only that, but we also got to experience how it is to wake up from drifting away and being disoriented and not knowing the other soul was doing while you were gone. 

We saw the struggles and help there is from having two souls share one body. This whole world is about how society fights against certain types. In this case the single souled are fighting against the doubled souled. Instead of everyone just getting along they rage war and want to control who the doubled souled are. They all start out the same way so why can't they all get along? 

Overall, I enjoyed the message and the characters. I can't wait for the final installment to see how this is all concludes.

 I gave the book 4/5 stars.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei