Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Author Spotlight: When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM


Tricia Stirling is a California native. She received her master’s degree in creative writing from Sacramento State University, and she has since taught writing to kids and teens. She lives with her husband and beautiful kids in Sacramento, where contrary to the opinion of some, magic does exist. You can visit her website and learn more about her books here: http://www.thebentagency.com/index.php

Title: When My Heart Was Wicked
Author: Tricia Stirling
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication: February 24th 2015
Cover Rating: 5/5

When My Heart Was Wicked was such a creepy book. I have read plenty of books dealing with Witchcraft and such but this one was just weird. Not bad weird. Just weird. The book was also very short and such a quick read. I enjoyed being able to sit down and read the book in on sitting. 

Lacy seemed like such a strong girl. But as the book went out I started to see that maybe she isn't so strong if she let her mother influence her. But once we got the end I realize just HOW strong Lacy truly is. He overcomes her mother and just breaks free. 

Cheyenne is a whack-job. She is sweet one minute and then saying she owns Lacy and all this other creepy stuff. I would love to know about the whole being buried alive situation. Did she die? Did she come back as something crazy? There are just so many questions about WHY Cheyenne is the way she is. 

I adored Anna. She was such a positive influence in Lacy's life and I think that positivity is what helped Lacy stand up to her mother and defeat what was changing her into a terrible person. 

I think the book had a great lesson and meaning behind it. No matter how vile and poisonous the people in your life are you can still overcome all of that and be a better person. You CAN move on and you CAN make your life better. 

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei