Friday, July 10, 2015

Summer of Reviews: 99 Days by Katie Cotugno

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: 99 Days
Author: Katie Cotugno
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication: April 21st 2015
Cover Rating: 5/5


99 Days was such a good book. There was a lot of drama, love, hate and heartbreak. The amount of betrayal and pain in this book can be felt. Cheating is always a sensitive subject and I can't say the book handles it well but it does portray it as something that is actually real rather than something that you see in a movie. Katie Cotugno is very skilled in writing books about pain and heartache. She writes books that people can relate to instead of a story that is impossible to believe.

Molly was a needy little girl. That is the best way I can describe her. She had a perfectly good toy but when that toy got worn out she tried out another toy and then both of those toys broke. I don't think she was mature enough to be in a relationship with anyone and she should have just left well enough alone.

Patrick was a weasel. There are other choice words I can use for him but I want to keep this semi-clean. He acted like a wounded bird in the beginning and told Molly he "didn't hate her" yet he kept giving her disgusted looks. Then when Molly and Gabe start seeing each other he changes his tune and all of a sudden wants Molly back even if that means hurting his girlfriend the same way Molly hurt him. 

Gabe was sweet. I knew he was up to something in the beginning of the book but as the story progressed I could tell that he was developing true feelings for Molly.

The entire Donelley family was a mess. Patrick and Gabe were fighting for a girl that neither of them really wanted in the beginning. Julia is treating Molly like a leper even though she has her own world-shattering secret.

The mother in this book is NOT a mother. She used her daughters drama in order to write a book. She doesn't act very motherly at all and I don't think she should have adopted Molly. I don't even know how a mother could do something like this to her child. Monetary gain from your childs humiliation and pain shouldn't even cross a mothers mind.

I know Molly isn't innocent in all of this but, holy shit, I feel like I got cheated on and screwed over after reading this book. I can't believe what Patrick and Gabe put her through. Patrick played on her still raw feelings for him and Gabe played on the fact that she was lonely and they had slept together previously. Talk about manipulators. I wouldn't go as far as to call them misogynistic pigs but they did pretty much use Molly to hurt each other, it seemed. And in the end I still had no idea who was telling the truth or what. I do think they both had feelings for Molly but all three of them weren't in the right place to play on those feelings.

Towards the end of the book I am tempted to call Molly a whore. She had Gabe yet she was still tempted to mess around with Patrick WHILE being close friends with Patrick's new girlfriend. I don't feel sorry, at all, for Molly. She dug her grave and now she has to live with that for the rest of her life. I was really hoping she would get her shit together and stay loyal to Gabe. I have a feeling that if Patrick wouldn't have acted like such a child then Molly and Gabe could have survived once Molly truly got over Patrick. But because he kept hanging on Molly couldn't get her head on straight and forget her feelings for him.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei