Saturday, July 4, 2015

Summer of Reviews: Nantucket Red by Leila Howland

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM

Title: Nantucket Red
Author: Leila Howland
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication: May 13th 2014
Cover Rating: 5/5


Nantucket Red was an AMAZING continuance. Sometimes when you pick up the next book in the series it feels like the author retells the entire story in the first few pages and that is annoying. I know it is meant to refresh your memory but sometimes authors go a little too far. Leila Howland had the perfect amount of "reminders" and they didn't take away from the fact that Nantucket Red is book two. Not a retelling of book one.

I love how I didn't expect most of the big plot twists. I didn't expect Zach to get a new girlfriend. Especially not the girl he ended up with. I didn't thing Cricket and Jules would ever become best friends again. And I certainly didn't see Cricket and Liz moving to New York.

I love Liz. She adds a certain spice to the book. If Liz was just a normal American girl I think the book would definitely lose some of its charm. I also really like how Liz is a side character yet she is such a big part of the book and we get to see into her life. A lot of side characters are just used as fillers and we never find out much about them.

I am glad that Jules finally came to her senses and got to see how horrible of a person Parker really was. It's like all throughout Nantucket Blue Jules had this very thick veil covering her eyes and that veil has be lifted. 

Zack, in the words of Liz, is a right bloody wanker. He still obviously has feeling for Cricket but he REALLY messed up with the Parker situation. BUT he did the right thing by staying with Parker until she was stable. 

I am torn with the ending. I was hoping for a nice, peaceful ending with everything all summed up. UGH! Nope. I still have so many unanswered questions and it's driving me crazy! I want another book. I need to know about Cricket and Zack, whether Cricket goes to Brown and so many more things.

Overall I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei