Friday, December 23, 2016

REVIEW: The Women In The Walls by Amy Lukavics

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:09 PM
Title: The Women in the Walls
Genre: Horror-ish
Author: Amy Lukavics
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication: September 27th 2016
Cover Rating: 5/5


Last year, I read Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics, while I did like the book well enough, it just didn't have that spark to catch my attention. I love horror books and I feel like the horror books that are put out in the Young Adult book world are very dull and watered down. I requested Amy Lukavics latest book, The Women in the Walls, from the publishers in hopes of really enjoying it. Once again, I can say that I liked it well enough but it was still lacking. The plot was very thin, not fleshed out, and was just overall not enough to draw me in. 

Lucy is the main character. Her mother disappeared when she was three so she grew up in this victorian style house with her father, aunt and cousin. After her mother disappeared her aunt insisted on moving in to help care for young Lucy.

When I first started getting into the plot of the book I just thought the women on this family were cursed or something. They all seemed to have gone mad and then missing or dead. But as the book progressed it seemed like there was something a little bigger that was messing with this women's lives. 

The end of the book did kind of make up for the dullness, though. I really wasn't expecting that ending and it makes me wonder if the author is maybe hiding her potential greatness as a horror writer because she is writing Young Adult books. I will continue to read the books she publishes to see if there is any improvement. She is not a bad author AT ALL. I just think she has the potential to be greater.

I am going to leave my review at this very vague area because this is definitely one of those books that you need to experience for yourself. I can't even put into words some of the events that occurred in this book without spoiling at least something for whoever is reading my review. So, my final word is, check this book out for yourself.

Overall, I gave the book 3.5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei