Monday, January 16, 2017

REVIEW: Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM
RATE: 4/5



Goodreads Description:

Her story begins on a train.

The year is 1956, and the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule. To commemorate their Great Victory, Hitler and Emperor Hirohito host the Axis Tour: an annual motorcycle race across their conjoined continents. The victor is awarded an audience with the highly reclusive Adolf Hitler at the Victor’s Ball in Tokyo.

Yael, a former death camp prisoner, has witnessed too much suffering, and the five wolves tattooed on her arm are a constant reminder of the loved ones she lost. The resistance has given Yael one goal: Win the race and kill Hitler. A survivor of painful human experimentation, Yael has the power to skinshift and must complete her mission by impersonating last year’s only female racer, Adele Wolfe. This deception becomes more difficult when Felix, Adele twin’s brother, and Luka, her former love interest, enter the race and watch Yael’s every move.

But as Yael grows closer to the other competitors, can she bring herself to be as ruthless as she needs to be to avoid discovery and complete her mission?

From the author of The Walled City comes a fast-paced and innovative novel that will leave you breathless

Alrighty!
I had a lot of expectations for this book, the description of it made me like super interested in it and I just couldnt wait to read it and of course, I finally did which is why I am here
It was interesting and intense from the very beginning, its hard not to be intense with the topic but Ryan did an amazing job at still keeping it real and respectful to the proper things. The beginning of the journey wasnt super exciting, but it all kept reminding me of Mad Max Fury Road only because of the desert and getting all extremish and stuff
Anyways
As things kept going on and more intense, it was harder to put the book down, and towards the end, like the last fourth of the book and as Yael kept getting closer to her goal I was like holy SMOKES!
I was flipping pages faster than I could read them (still read them though)
What happens in the end will make you gasp, I was just like
NO way! I CANT EVEN! It's like I shouldve seen it coming but I FREAKING DIDN'T
Now, I wont go ahead and claim that this is my new favorite series but this sure as heck is a good book and I really cant wait to get my hands on the next book

Recommend it?
Eh.... I do, it gets really good at the end, good cliff hanger, definitely cant wait for the next one



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei