Wednesday, April 19, 2017

REVIEW: Before I Die by Jenny Downham - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 8:55 PM

Rate:
5/5

Goodreads Descriptions:
Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, and drugs with excruciating side effects, Tessa compiles a list. It's her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of "normal" life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa's feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, are all painfully crystallized in the precious weeks before Tessa's time runs out.

Review:
Jesus.  This one has been on my TBR for YEARS but had totally forgotten what it was about. As soon as I started I remembered Now is Good, with Dakota Fanning when I watched it on Netflix YEARS ago. I fucking BAWLED when I saw the movie and the book was no different. 

It is not sugar coated as many other books can be with this topic. 
To me, they bring an unrealistic view of the nastiness of the disease, how absolutely deteriorating it is. But this one brings the harsh truth to not just the main character but those around. Tessa is also not selfless like so many fucking characters out there where they simply seem perfect and shit. But Tessa isnt selfish either. She isn't annoying like that. She is a teen, she acts as any teen in her position would be acting and thats why I appreciate this book. I am the total opposite of her but she sure as hell acts the way I know I would.

Recommend it?
Very.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei