Saturday, July 21, 2018

REVIEW: They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera - Paige

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
Disclaimer: None, I bought this book on Audible for a book club!
Rating:
Genre: YA Contemporary/Sci-Fi
Recommended Age: 16+ (language, violence, guns, sexual references, death, and living)
Pages: 384

Synopsis: 
On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.
Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day.


Let’s start off that with a book about the end, I didn’t really expect it to have such a good beginning. I didn’t expect to feel for these characters as much as I did. And even though we know the ending, it still cuts like a hot knife. The writing was absolutely beautiful and even if this was the best book Adam Silvera ever wrote I would read every other book he penned. He’s gained a lifelong fan with this work. The story flowed together very well and the ending, while I have some issues with it, was beautiful as well. The book is a great conversation starter and it presents some amazing characters that are more developed than some of the most recent books I’ve read so far.

However, while I like the ending of the book I wish we had some sort of epilogue or final ending from a different POV so that we knew what the rest of the story looked like. I wish we had a final to the finale. I also wish we knew what the ending was to another character in the book and I want to see how all the side characters who didn’t get the call from deathcast handled the deaths. I want to see their happy endings, but I kind of know why I won’t. In life we really don’t get to see happy endings for anyone. Cinderella might have married the prince, but was she truly happy in the end? What constitutes happiness anymore? Is it acceptance of how well your life is compared to others or is it one final day on Earth with someone you love?

Verdict: This book makes me feel all the things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei