Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Series I'm Afraid to Finish

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 9:00 AM
The UNFINISHER!


So... I have a confession to make. I'm a serial book series unfinisher, we will call this SBSU for this post. I have so many book series sitting on my shelves that are complete and I have read half of the last book but put it down because I just COULD NOT let the series end. In 2018 I tried to fix this problem by reading a few ends of trilogies but that's as far as I got. I FINALLY read A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray this year and I swear I was so proud and so mad at my self at the same time. It ended. It's over. WHY! So I have decided to air out my dirty laundry, err books, and make a list of the series I have left unfinished.

1. Throne of Glass
In my defense, I did read the entire series in October of 2018 for the first time. Then Kingdom of Ash came out and I started it THAT DAY with intentions of finishing it THAT DAY but that never happened. I put the book on my shelf and walked away about halfway through. I'm scared ya'll!(I have since finished it and UGH WHY DID I FINISH IT NOW IT'S OVER WHHHYYYY)

2. Harry Potter
So, in 2016 I decided to read the entire series for the first time. I got to the part in Deathly Hallows where Fred wasn't alive anymore and I just couldn't read on. Nope. Sorry.

3. The Lunar Chronicles
This one is kind of bad. I have reread all the books up to Winter 3 times but every time I get to Winter, I will read 1/3 of the book and just stop. I actually WANT to finish this series but my SBSU ain't having none of that.

4. Vampire Academy
If I thought The Lunar Chronicles was bad then I have no idea what to say about this one... oh Dimitri! I own ALL the books and even credit this series for giving me my love of YA books but I never finished the series. I got to book 4, Blood Promise and just could never push myself to continue. This one had reasons though. It broke me. 

5. The Lux Series
Yeah... I own about 40 different Jennifer L. Armentrout books. I have ever met her twice. BUT I have no managed to finish this series. I have 3 sets of books too. English, English bind up with new covers and the German editions. I think that is pretty bad. Hopefully, in 2019 I can get this unfinisher disease under control and get this series done. Especially since there is a new book out in the same world!

I know there are more series that I have left unfinished but these are the ones that stick out the most to me. Do you have any book series that you have started but never finished?

1 comments:

Emily Blake on February 20, 2019 at 10:20 AM said...

I find this very interesting to hear about because I am the opposite. I don't want a series to end, but I HAVE to know what will happen, so I read the finale as quickly as possible. I can tell you from personal experience, the ending of Throne of Glass isn't that bad. Like, it's not going to ruin your life. As for Vampire Academy, Blood Promise was the worst thing to ever happen to Dimitri fangirls but just keep pushing, read the rest of the series, you won't regret it!

Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei