Wednesday, December 10, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 10] Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 4:00 PM
Title: Beautiful Creatures
Author: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


This was a re-read for me. I never wrote a proper review for it when I first read it so I’m going to now. The first time I read this I enjoyed it more than I did now. That simple reason being it was quite slow. Even though it was slow it never turned me from the book. I found it to be very interesting and just wanted to keep reading it more. 

I have been a fan of anything magic since I watched the show Charmed, so when I found out this dealt with magic I had to pick it up right away. This story made a twist when it came to the magic aspect, which I liked. Everyone knows magic runs in families since it is passed down from generation to generation. But with these two families, it’s a little different. 

With every kid they have a different power. Such as a Siren, an Illusionist, etc. With Lena everyone thinks she's what is called a Natural. 

At midnight the night of your sixteenth birthday it will be decided if you will be claiming Dark or Light. These families aren’t witches. They are called Castors. Only the Duchanne family is called that. Lena’s Uncle Macon is a Ravenwood and his family isn’t called Castor’s. 

In the beginning when Lena and Ethan first meet they seem familiar to each other and soon they figure out it was because they have been having dreams of each other before they ever met. These two have a very strong connection to the point where they can hear each other’s thoughts and talk to each other in each other’s minds even though they are far from each other. I found that fascinating and cool. 

I liked that we got to see how the whole process of what happens to a Castor when it comes to the claiming. How they get into their powers more and come into themselves. I didn’t like how Lena’s Uncle Macon didn’t tell her important details when it came to what would happen on her birthday, but I do understand why he did what he did. 

I really liked the characters. Especially Amma because she is such a stern, but loving character. She does what she does to protect those she loves and cares for. As does Macon. He does whatever he can do to protect Lena in any way he can. Ethan stands for what he believes in, no matter what those consequences may be. 

Though Lena is scared what will happen on her birthday, she does try her best to do what she can that’s normal before whatever may happen to her. 

I was upset with Ethan’s dad. I understand that he missed is wife, but Ethan lost a mother so he should have been there for him. 

I’m looking forward to see what will happen next for Ethan and Lena.

I rate this 4.5 stars.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei