Tuesday, December 2, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 2] The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:00 PM
Title: The Lady and the Fox(MyTrue Love Gave to Me)
Author: Kelly Link


A few months ago I read a book called The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy. I LOVED it. It was a retelling of the story The Snow Queen, I believe. Well, The Lady and the Fox is very SnowQueen-esque but, sadly, I cannot say that I loved it. 

The story itself was very odd. The girl was a charity case pretty much. Her mother was in jail. And she falls for a guy that only appears when its snowing ON CHRISTMAS. That is on hell of a situation. 

She could have Daniel. But noooo. She has to want the mysterious, disappearing guy. 

And can we talk about the towns name Miranda goes to every Christmas? Phuket? Anyone care to tell me what they think that sounds like? 

In the end, Miranda tricks the evil ice queen and wins Fenny. So yay, Happily Ever After, right? 

The story was just bizarre. It also had an older feel to it but it talks about Cameron Diaz and zombies. 

Overall, I gave the story 2/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei