Thursday, December 4, 2014

25 Days of Reviewmas[Day 4]Of Monsters And Madness by Jessica Verday

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM



Title: Of Monsters and Madness
Author: Jessica Verday
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Publication: September 9, 2014
Cover Rating: 4/5


Oh, Dear sweet baby Jesus. I loved this book. I need more books like this. Edgar Allen Poe given a Jekyll and Hyde complex? Yes, please. Why are there not MORE books like this? Of Monsters and Madness started an uncontrollable love for Historical+Paranormal Young Adult books for me. And I never want it to end. It is just a shame that I cannot find very many books like this.

I love Edgar Allen Poe. I own 7 different copies of his greatest works in those huge books. So when I read that Of Monsters and Madness was about him while he was in Philadelphia, fiction, of course, I had to get it. And I am so glad that I did. I read it in one day and was so sad it was over.

Annabel Lee is a very interesting character. She makes the perfect love interested for Allen, the better half. The entire time I was reading I kept wondering when they would find out they are related, haha! That never did become a factor in the book but it was still fun to wonder.

Allen is the good half. He was the main personality before Annabel's father split him in two. Now Edgar is fighting to become the ONLY personality and it seems like he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Murder, arson, treachery. You name it, Edgar has probably done it.

The romance between Annabel and Allen was very quick and very hot. I don't normally care too much for instalove, but back that that was actually a thing. People would fall in love and get married so fast and have kids at such a young age.

I love the time period the book is set in. It might not be historically correct but I think the author did a great justice to the book by centering it around 1826. 

The fire and Grand-pere were probably the hardest things to deal with for Annabel, at least until she found out what was going on with Edgar and the town murders. Grand-pere was the only one who seemed to understand Annabel. He died extremely young though. But I guess for the time period he wasn't that young.

The book ended very strangely. Allen was recovering but Annabel needed Edgar to come back one last time to assist her with her father. What happened to her father? Who took him? There isn't going to be a second book so I was left with a bunch of questions floating through my head that I would really love to have answers to.

But the main point I want to get across to everyone is that I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK! 

Overall, despite the insurmountable number of questions I have, I gave the book 5/5 kitties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei