Monday, March 23, 2015

Mini Review Monday[34] Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication: January 3rd 2012
Cover Rating: 5/5

It took me 2 years to read Cinder and I really wish I could go back and change that. I started reading it a while back and decided to wait until more book were out. I was going to wait until November 2015 to read it because that is what the final book in the series comes out but I couldn't wait any longer and now I am wishing the last book came out sooner.

One thing I will say is that within fifty or so pages I guessed the main part of the plot. It sucked but that book was still very good. You kind of can't read it without figuring it out early. 

Cinder was a great character. I felt she had a fitting personality for a slave driven cyborg. It's pretty cool that she is the "mechanic". Normally those roles are held for people of the opposite sex. But she plays the part extremely well.

Prince Kai isn't what I was expecting a prince to be. He was kind and cared about the citizens but he hated the Lunar's so that put a strain on his ability to protect everyone. I am not sure how he feels about Cyborgs though. He never comes out and says anything about it. But in the end there was no way his feelings for Cinder just vanished the way they appeared to.

The Lunars are a freaking crazy race. They are the moon people. The Queen was absolutely horrible. Knowing that she has killed to be where she is makes her even worse. She rules her kingdom through glamour/magic. Otherwise, I don't think she would be queen anymore.

In the end I found myself asking so many questions that I hope will be answered in the next books. But I loved the fact that the book had me thinking and creating conspiracy theories in my head. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei