Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:32 PM

Title: Chopsticks
Author: Jessica Anthony
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher:
Razorbill

REVIEW: I have seen this book around the book blogging community and also the booktube community and have heard nothing but good things about it. I saw the book and decided "What the hell?" so I picked it up. This isn't a written book so much as it is a visual one. You need to have an open mind when you start this book or you won't be able to fully grasp the wonder that is Chopsticks.

Gloria(Glory) is an amazing pianist and her father pushes her to do more than she wants with her talent. Frank moves in next door to her and they form a bond. The book takes you through Gloria's disappearance and in the end, if you read and understand the pictures correctly, the book shows you exactly what happened to her.

I loved the overall concept of this book. Sometimes pictures do say a thousand words but only if you pay close attention. There is so much more to this book than I have written but I don't want to give too much away. This book is something that you must figure out and understand on your own. I want to thank the author for thinking outside the box and coming up with something so completely unique.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei