Wednesday, September 11, 2013

REVIEW The Last Academy by Anne Applegate

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 5:51 PM
Title: The Last Academy
Author: Anne Applegate
Format: Hardback
Source: Library
Publisher: Point/Scholastic

REVIEW: Holy hell the creativity that went into this book sweeps me off of my feet. I had no idea what to expect in the end but it definitely wasn't what I got. I love how completely different this book is from anything I have ever read before. Most academy books are about vampires and sex scandals so I was a little weary about reading this book but I am so glad that I picked it up. This book also puts into perspective a whole new spin on "ghosts".

Camden really doesn't seem too much like a normal girl. I mean she definitely has issues with peers and everything but just something about her struck me as odd. She was scared of everything yet she was very brave.

I really enjoyed how the romance wasn't copious but wasn't shy. I really enjoy when the girl gets the guy she likes.

The way the author kept the Academy so much like a real school experience was very nice. It kept me in suspense.

Barnaby Charon was a very scary and mysterious character. He seemed sort of nice in the end but throughout the book he was cryptic and made my skin crawl. When he gave Camden the book I found that highly interesting. Finding out what happened to everyone really brought the book together.

Camden made the right choice in crossing over. I had a feeling she was going to end up like Mark. I really hope Mark decided to move on considering he died as a baby and was a teenager in the book.

The book had this very sad depressing feel to it and I always felt like I was about to cry.

Overall, I give the book 5/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei