Monday, September 30, 2013

REVIEW Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:47 PM
Title: Pretty Girl-13
Author: Liz Coley
Format: Hardback
Source: Bought
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

REVIEW: Not for the faint of heart! But definitely for someone who is looking for a YA book that is out of the oridinary. I found this book so unique and emotional and that made it extremely hard for me to put down. I devoured this book in one day.

Angie comes back three years after being abducted when she was  thirteen and no time has passed for her. While three years have passed for everyone else, Angie still thinks she is thirteen and has no memories of her abduction.

Books hardly ever focus on mental disorders or any other touchy subject around those lines. BUT this book focus's on a mental disorder, incest, abuse and many other topics that, as I stated before, are NOT for the faint of heart but the author was brave enough to touch on them.

Out of all of the alters I think Lonely One has to be my favorite with Angel being a close second. Girl Scout just seemed too whiny and Tattletale was too damaged and my heart bled for her.

I have read a few reviews and saw that a bunch of people said the book was predictable. I would love to know where they got that notion. I couldn't predict anything in this book and when I thought I did have something predicted it turned out completely different and I absolutely loved that!

This is a very spooky and heart-wrenching read. Girls are kidnapped everyday but most of them never live to tell their story. Although fiction, I still believe this is what it would be like for a kid who did get to go back home after being kidnapped and held for years.

I do think that Angie could have been a bit more emotional towards the end. I think she held things together a little bit too perfectly. A normal person would have had a breakdown at some point.

The decision to not take Sammy was a very mature choice that I am glad Angie made.

Overall, I gave the book 4 out of 5 Kitties.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei