Thursday, October 10, 2013

REVIEW What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 6:53 PM
Title: What My Mother Doesn't Know
Author: Sonya Sones
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

REVIEW: This book was adorable. The author is very good with creating believable teen situations.

Sophie is pretty much your normal teenage girl. Shes fifteen, popular, has 2 best friend and is boy crazy and the book is told from her point of view. It is also written in verse.

Rachel and Grace are your typical popular girl best friends. They talk behind each others back to the other friend and they do everything together.

Enter, Murphy. Hardly anyone knows his real name is Robin and even less care. He is the nerdy guy who hides behind his art. His last name has even become an insult that elementary school kids are using. "Don't be such a Murphy."

The book is mainly settled around a 2 week time period over Christmas break where Sophies friends both go on vacations leaving her all alone for the break.

This leads Sophie to go on her own vacation where she actually gets to meet Robin and spend time getting to know him. I don't think anything would have happened between them if it wasn't for this opportunity.

I didn't think Sophie would be the type of girl to go after Robin. Especially after she calls him ugly a few times throughout the book.

This book proves that love is more than skin deep. It's about how fast they make your heart race and the butterflies they give you.

There are other parts of the stories that are barely there. Like Sophies mother being very over dramatic and depressed. And how her father doesn't seem like an affectionate guy. I swear I thought I was reading about my parents at first. This is definitely the first book I have read that has hit so close to home with the parent situations.

On the other hand, Robin has the perfect parents it seems. They love him and care about his life and completely trust him.

It's just odd how these two people would end up together. But, really, is it that odd? I see things like this everyday in real life. I bet people even wonder how my fiance and I ended up together.

As a quick little side type note: Zak got brozoned... That was definitely noteworthy for me.

This book is a very cute and quick contemporary. So if you find yourself in the mood for a nice, easy contemporary please consider picking up any of Sonya Sones books!

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei