Thursday, October 10, 2013

REVIEW Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 7:48 PM
Title: Asylum
Author: Madeleine Roux
Format: ARC
Source: Won
Publisher:Harper
Publication Date: August 27th 2013

REVIEW: I did enjoy this book. It was a very quick read for me. But I just didn't LOVE it.

There were a few things I did find myself being happy with. One of those things being that fact that the author didn't try to draw people in with a promise of instant romance. There was a little bit of cutesy stuff but nothing that jumped out and said "oh oh oh look at me, the book is centered around romance."

Mainly this book just frustrated me and the characters annoyed me. A lot of things in this book weren't explained.

Dan goes off to this college prep summer camp, makes instant friends, goes exploring the old asylum building that the kids are staying in and BOOM trouble begins.

Cute artsy girl + gay guy + normal guy = instant best friends?

Felix was strange from the beginning but I still have no idea what he had to do with anything! Why did The Sculptor pick him? And WHAT was this overtaking of Felix's body exactly? A Possession? Insanity? The same thing happened to Dan and I still don't understand why this was happening to them in the first place. And you never find out if Dan IS, infact, related to the warden at all.

Just way too many unanswered questions for me.

And what in Gods name was up with Jordan? Was he possessed as well?

Did Yi die?

And who the hell trapped them in the basement?

It would have been cool to find out that all of the kids at the program were somehow related to the patients and doctors that we part of the asylum before it was shut down. It would have been cool to find out what happened to Abby's aunt, Lucy, while she was at the asylum and why she stayed in Camford. And what about Professor Reyes. She was definitely suspicious.  

The story was good, don't get me wrong. I just definitely needed more than this book gave me.

Overall, I gave the book 3/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei