Wednesday, October 16, 2013

REVIEW Crank by Ellen Hopkins

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:24 PM
Title: Crank
Author: Ellen Hopkins
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: McElderry Books

REVIEW: My personal belief is that EVERYONE should read this series. I think it gives good insight on the life of not only the girl involved but the parents and friends as well.

I read Crank for the first time when I was a freshman in high school. I loved it then and I have a new love for it now. If you read this book when you were younger then please consider re-reading it. Things I may have missed or interpreted differently as a teenager now have different meaning.

Before "The Monster" Kristina is an amazing character. She is stunning, smart, funny, essentially the perfect daughter. This book is just proof that even the straightest person can be taken under.

After "The Monster" Kristina, Bree, is heartbreaking, immoral and dangerous, not only to herself but her loved ones as well.

Adam is the starting point of chaos. Brendan is the middle mark for spiraling out of control. Then we have Chase. He has a good head on his shoulders but he still partakes in "The Monster". Well, actually, Adam may have been the one who got Kristina hooked but her dad allowed it to happen.

I do give Kristina's mom and Scott credit for trying to help her. I think all kids need parents who pay attention but sometimes the kid is just beyond help.

This book just breaks my heart. I have a few friends who have either died or tried to recover from drugs but never could.

I was hoping that having Hunter would have helped Kristina come to terms with her addiction and finally end it. It doesn't look like that was the case, sadly.

The fact that Ellen Hopkins could sit down and write this about personal experiences is amazing. She wants other to know what its like and hopefully to steer people away from drugs.

Like I said, I definitely believe that everyone should read this series.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei