Tuesday, October 22, 2013

REVIEW Resilient by Patricia Vanasse

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 7:06 PM
Title: Resilient
Author: Patricia Vanasse
Format: eBook
Source: Amazon
Publisher: Pants on Fire Press

REVIEW: I didn't read the synopsis of this book and I am very glad that I didn't. I just dove right in and found myself enjoying every bit of this book. I think I should do this more ofter.

The book is told in back and forth point of views between Livia and Adam.

I love Livia. She is such a strong character. The things so has to go through at such a young age are things that not many other people could deal with. She knows she is adopted. She knows she has these strange powers. Some good, some bad. Then on top of all of that she has to pack up her life and move across the country.

Adam is a very strong character as well. He has his own unique personality that he doesn't change for anyone. Most guys his age could not have said no to Lindsey.

The whole time I was reading this book I was contemplating aliens. But, hey, genetically enhanced humans are okay too.

I really enjoy how the author keeps your guessing. This is one of those books that you really can't predict and I loved that so much. So many newer books are very predictable and are written around subjects that are excruciatingly over used.

Another big thing about this book is the fact that there are other prominent characters. The book isn't strictly centralized around the two main characters. Henry has a huge part in the book and shows up just as much as the main characters. Livia's family is also very prominent. Adams, not so much. Adams family seems withdrawn.

The ending made me want to curl up and cry. The dreams Livia is having make me really worried considering her one dream came true. So right now I'm on edge and cannot wait for the next book.

I have been trying to think of another book or movie that I could use to relate this to but the only thing that really comes to mind is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. But this book isn't Dystopian or set in the future. So I can honestly say that this book is truly unique.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei