Thursday, October 10, 2013

REVIEW What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 7:19 PM
Title: What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know
Author: Sonya Sones
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

REVIEW: This is the second book to What My Mother Doesn't Know. It is told from Robin's point of view.

I bought this book for full price at 2nd & Charles because I really enjoyed Sonya Sones book To Be Perfectly Honest so I wanted to read more by her. I picked this book up without knowing that it was a second book. I started reading it but then had to urge to go check Ukazoo for any of her other books. They actually had both of her other books so I picked up What My Mother Doesn't Know and skimmed through it. I soon realized that it was the first book and that made me glad that I had only read about ten pages into this book.

First I would just love to say that I adore the cover changes.

As I said, this book is told from Robins point of view so it is definitely a more coming of age book. It is about sex, love, school, art and finding out who you are and what you really want in life.

Robin never thought he would ever end up with a girl like Sophie. But he does and that is actually a problem. He is used to getting taunted by his classmates but it kills him that they not taunt Sophie as well. And on top of that, Sophies best friends, Grace and Rachel, won't talk to her anymore. It's almost like both Robin and Sophie are lepers.

I have personally never seen this kind of bullying/social out-casting myself but I know it does happen.

Robin is so afraid of losing Sophie that he does some pretty stupid things throughout the book and it makes me frustrated with him. If you think so low of yourself why would you try to ruin your chance at happiness? Why would you cheat? There were points where I really wanted to strangle Robin.

He is definitely your average guy. Doesn't realize how good he has it until he has almost lost it. He takes his amazing parents for granted as well. He should have opened up to them more instead of trying to avoid them.

Tessa was a tramp. That is the cleanest word I can think of for her. When you know someone has a girlfriend you don't push that person to be friends with benefits.

Aside from his ability to draw, Robin is a very boring character/person. Sophie does all the ballsy stuff. She is the one who sticks up for them while he just sits back and watches. She is also the one who came up with the shirt idea which I thought was funny. Never let the bullies win.

All-in-all I did like this book and it was a good ending to Robin and Sophie's story.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei