Saturday, January 4, 2014

REVIEW: 45 Pounds by K. A. Barson

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 5:46 PM
Title: 45 Pounds
Author: K. A. Barson
Format: eBook
Source: Bought
Publisher: Viking Juvenile

REVIEW: I completely adored this book. Ann was such an amazing protagonist and I found myself tearing up at a few parts. I definitely got emotionally involved with this book.

The shear realism behind this story makes me wonder if the author went through something like this personally or if she knows someone who did. I don't think I have ever connected to a character as much as I did with Ann. She was just so raw and real

The way all of the characters were portrayed made them all seem so real. Like I could pass them in the mall or eat in a restaurant next to them. This book also had me looking around at other families wondering if they are dysfunctional.

I think my favorite character has to be Raynee. A lot of teenage girls need to be more like her. She stuck up for Ann and they became best friends because of it. So Ann got a new best friend and Raynee stopped getting pushed around and used.

The eating disorders in this book are extremely real and I think everyone should read this book to better understand how things sometimes work. Ann, her mother and her little sister are all suffering in this book and it took Ann until almost the end of the book to realize that there was something wrong with everything. Her little sister had to live with an anorexic and an overweight person and it confused and harmed her fragile frame of mind. I love how the end of the book really became about setting a better example for Libby.

Jon... I love him! The fact that he could look past Ann's weight and see her is something that hardly ever happens with guys his age. I thought it was so touching and cute. I wish there would have been a little bit more relationship development between them though. I want to know what happens after the wedding!

There are so many touchy subjects in this book and I think that's amazing. Anorexia, Obesity, Homosexuality, coming of age. There is a little bit of something for everyone here.

I loved the authors writing. It drew me in and I read the book so quickly that I had to turn back a few pages just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Overall, I gave the book 4.5/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei