Wednesday, May 7, 2014

REVIEW: We Are The Goldens by Dana Reinhardt

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:52 PM
Title: We Are The Goldens
Author: Dana Reinhardt
Format: ARC
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books
Publication Date: May 27 2014

REVIEW:
Have you ever read a book where it was okay and you finished it but you just feel like you could have lived your life perfectly fine without ever having read it? For me, that was this book. It was less than 200 pages and it took me three days to read it. 

The characters were very dull and they were just your everyday, run of the mill, high school kids. Nothing about them jumped out at me and I felt like I just walked through a school and started listening to a conversation that anyone could have.

Nell was slightly annoying and kept trying to prove that she wasn't a "baby." Her actions actually led me to believe otherwise. She did things that you would expect any random high school kid to do. She let a guy go a little bit too far. She had a guy best friend and that turned into, you guessed it, a little bit more. 

Felix was a good guy but lets face it, he isn't likely to exist. He seemed a little bit too mature for his age of fifteen. I guess there had to be one level-headed character. The only thing that made him seem real was his over active sex-brain. But even that was a little too dramatic in my opinion.

I think without the student-teacher relationship this book wouldn't even exist. And the bad part is, ever that part sucked. It wasn't very imaginative, we never got to meet "George" and it didn't seem as dangerous as it should have. I almost feel like if a young girl was to read this then she would feel it was okay to have a relationship with a teacher. 

There are many unanswered questions by the end of the book. What happened to Angel? What happens with Nell and Felix? What about the pregnancy? Real or not real? It just left my head spinning and left me feeling incomplete and unsettled.

If the book would have had a faster reading flow then maybe I would have liked it more but I just feel like I wasted three days of my life on something that I could walk through a mall and overhear.

Overall, I gave the book 3/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei