Thursday, May 15, 2014

REVIEW: Half Bad by Sally Green

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:47 AM
Title: Half Bad
Author: Sally Green
Format: Hardback
Source: Library
Publisher: Viking Juvenile

REVIEW:
I hate fantasy books. Well, I thought I did. But I had heard so much hype about Half Bad that I just had to pick it up and give it a try. Turns out, I don't hate fantasy. Or maybe this book was just THAT good.

The entire time I was reading, for some reason, I picture Nathan as Dylan O'Brien. If Half Bad was to be turned into a movie I would root for Dylan to play Nathan.

I enjoyed the plot and the story line. It had a Salem Witches time feel to it but it was told in present day which was a little hard to follow at first. It sounded like Nathan was living in a shack and had to make his own clothes and bread and then cell phones were thrown in and I got confused but I sorted things out after a while.

If you want a book with some violence, witches, a tad bit of romance and a good story then you should check this book out. Oh, and magic, did I mention magic?

The only real complaint I have is how it ended. It was RUSHED. And what I say rushed I mean it climaxed within 10 pages. It left me feeling cheated and I had a lot of unanswered questions. I know this is going to be a series but you shouldn't rush an ending like that. A 394 page book and it's ending is summed up in 10 pages. Really? 

I will be honest. This book is very hard for me to review. I am not sure what to say that isn't a spoiler but I will say that I think YA readers should check this out especially if you don't know how you feel about fantasy. I have been sitting on this review for a few weeks not and still have no idea what to write other than the fact that I am glad I read it. Never had a book left me so stumped about a review.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei