Thursday, April 2, 2015

REVIEW: Fangirl By Rainbow Rowell

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: Fangirl
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Publisher: St. Matin's Press
Publication: September 10th 2013
Cover Rating: 5/5

I was excited to finally read this. I have been wanting to for the longest while and was told by the friends who have read it that they loved it. I feel bad for saying that I didn't love it like they did. I liked it and found it to be enjoyable, but I also found it to be boring and slow most of the time. 

I couldn't connect with any of the characters. Though, I did like Levi, Cath and Wren’s dad and Reagan the most. 

There are a few things that I did like about the story. This story showed the life of a true fangirl or fanboy. How we obsess over things and what they mean to us in our lives. For Cath that was Simon Snow. She wrote fanfiction. She stayed in writing instead of going out and partying. I could relate to that because I stay in and read instead of going out. 

Cath, like me, is antisocial and her roommate helps her become more social and it was good to see how she developed throughout the story. She grew. 

I didn't like her twin sister Wren for most of the story. But by the end, I started to like her. 

We follow Cath while she attends her first year of college and her writing her fanfiction story about Simon. I found most of it to be boring. I enjoyed the snippets we got after each story of what Cath obsessed over. We got a look into what she wrote about. 

By the end, it picked up for me and I really enjoyed it. I found the ending to be refreshing in its own way. Even though I found this to be slow and boring most of the time, I did enjoy it and it to be worth reading if you are thinking of doing so.

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei