Thursday, April 30, 2015

REVIEW: On The Fence by Kasie West

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:00 PM
Title: On the Fence
Author: Kasie West
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication: July 1st 2014
Cover Rating: 3/5

On The Fence was such an amazing book! You should definitely read The Distance Between Us before hand though. One of the major characters from The Distance Between Us pops up a lot and it would be nice to have some back story as to who she is.

Charlie is a tomboy. I actually don't think tomboy is a strong enough word. She is a guy with pretty hair. She has never really had a mother figure and she is afraid "normal" girls won't accept her so she sticks to her 4 brothers and best friend.

She has a thing for all sports but she also likes to live on the wild side by speeding in her car. She normally gets off because of her father but this ticket was the last straw. Her father makes her pay for the ticket and that starts this entire journey of finding herself and finding love.

I believe that working for Linda at The Bazaar is the starting point of her self doubt. She starts wondering if she really is the girl she wants to be. I actually think getting a job and being around other people was a great way to start her journey.

Charlie meet's a lot of new people, like Evan. Evan has only seen Charlie in her make-up and work clothes and Charlie pretends that that is actually who she is. She really should have told him but I think their relationship sparks Charlies feelings for someone else. 

I loved the romance in this book. It wasn't much and it didn't really pick up until the last few pages but I could feel it building throughout the entire book. 

Braden sounds sooo amazing. He is definitely swoon-worthy. He never really hides his feeling but he also is never straightforward with them either. I am sooo glad he didn't end up with the bubbly chick with words written across the ass of her pants. (Read the book, you will understand).

I really enjoyed how the title is actually incorporated in the book. Most titles are just that, titles. But this one has a true meaning.

I loved the cute little things Charlies brothers came up with for traits that she should never date a guy for having. That definitely showed how much they loved her if they made up a list of who she couldn't date. 

The ending with her mother and finding out the truth was a little bit shocking. I really didn't expect it and that is what I truly loved about this book.

Kasie West surely knows how to write an amazing contemporary novel that has a strong impact and inviting story line. She knows how to keep a reader interested and I will definitely read ANYTHING she writes.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.

1 comments:

Unknown on April 30, 2015 at 3:28 PM said...

I absolutely LOVE Kasie West! She's phenomenal. The Distance Between Us was great, too. I also really liked her Pivot Point and Split Second books. I highly recommend her. Great review BTW!!

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei