Thursday, November 15, 2012

Start of something new? =o

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:51 AM
I've always wanted to do a blog about YA book reviews. So, it's 12am and I have work at 6am, can't sleep and decided to start the blog. My name is Jennifer, I'm 23 and I reside in the crappy little state of Maryland.

So eventually I will get to the books I've read in the past few months, but right now I just finished Zombie Blondes by Brian James. This was actually a pretty decent book, but after looking at the authors picture it made me realize maybe he has some deep dark childhood secrets. Maybe when he was in high school he has delusions of the popular girls being zombies and that led up to this book being written. I also believe he wrote himself a part in the book and played the character of Lukas. Either way it's a pretty good book.




Zombie Blondes
Brian James

SYNOPSIS:
Hannah Sanders is your typical 16 year old girl. She wants to be popular and date a popular guy. Only problem is, her dad moves her from place to place every few weeks to every few months. By the time she finally gets settled somewhere they are up and moving across the country again. The most recent move has landed them in the little speck of a town called Maplecrest.

Once Hannah starts school, one of the nerds tries get her to believe that the entire town is filled with zombies and the popular kids are the leaders. All the popular kids are bleached blonde with crazy blue eyes but somehow Hannah can look past that. The book has many twists and turns, but in the end Hannah will get her popular friends, popular boyfriend and whatever else her heart desires, but at what price?

REVIEW:
The book was pretty good. I can't say that I totally connected with it but I did get angry and sad at certain parts. It's a cute concept on how to look at the Cheerleaders and other popular kids at our schools along with the residents in creepy small towns. I read the book in less than a day so like I said the book was pretty good, just wasn't entirely my slice of cake. I give the book 3.5/5 stars.

COVER:
I don't like the cover too much. It makes me think more of barbie dolls than zombies.

In other news:
I stopped by my favorite used bookstore to sell a few books and pick up a few new ones I haven't read and came across this:


It's really FREAKING awesome. It's from 1989. I have a horrible obsession with mario. The bookstore has this little clear square container at the checkout counter where the put the bookmarks they have found in the books they but from other people. They are all .50 cents so who can pass that up? I've found some pretty cute bookmarks in there, but this, BY FAR, is the best one yet.

Currently Reading:
I am currently reading, Looking for Alaska by John Green. This book is on the top 100 books for YA. I'm about 40 pages in and cannot see a reason for this book to be so high on the list. But every person has their own tastes. I'll let you guys know how it is when I'm done. Gonna go lay down and read it. Night  =)

If you have a book you would like be to read and review please either post it below or send me and email to Beadnread@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei