Monday, September 17, 2018

REVIEW: Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 2:58 PM

Title: Escaping From Houdini
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fiction/Mystery
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Publisher: Little, Brown
Publication: September 18th 2018
Cover Rating: 5/5
Reading format: Provided ARC/Owned Hardback

Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco is the third installment in a fantastic historical fiction world where a girl, Audrey Rose, is trying to prove that women can do whatever men can by inserting herself into the medical world. She helps her uncle examine the dead and has gotten herself into some pretty... intriguing situations. Helping her is the ever dashing Mr. Thomas Cresswell and together they solve crimes and catch bad guys. That might sound corny but this is one of the book series I cannot get enough of. 

Normally, I review books by talking about the characters and plot and move on from there. But with this being the third book and me not wanting to spoil anything I have to change my reviewing process up for this one. 

I think, for me personally, out of all 3 of the books this would be fighting for top place with Stalking Jack the Ripper. While I enjoyed the second book plenty I didn't feel the emotions that Houdini made me feel. I was so worried about our characters during this book. They were stuck on a SHIP in the middle of a huge body of water and people were getting slaughtered. There was nowhere to hide AND there was something making Audrey Rose questions her feelings for Thomas and that right there broke me. When you want two characters to be together and something jeopardizes those chances it tends to make you edgy.

Edgy is a good word to use when describing how this book made me feel. I was on edge the entire time I was reading it and I even found myself being charmed by the guy who seemed a lot like Thomas, just more dangerous. 

If you get a chance to read these books, please do! This series is completely brilliant and I am eagerly anticipating AND DREADING the release of the final book. 

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei