Wednesday, March 10, 2021

REVIEW: Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor - 4 stars

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 12:00 PM
Title: Remote Control
Genre: Adult Sci-Fi
Author: Nnedi Okorafor
Synopsis:
The day Fatima forgot her name, Death paid a visit. From hereon in she would be known as Sankofa­­--a name that meant nothing to anyone but her, the only tie to her family and her past.

Her touch is death, and with a glance a town can fall. And she walks--alone, except for her fox companion--searching for the object that came from the sky and gave itself to her when the meteors fell and when she was yet unchanged; searching for answers.

But is there a greater purpose for Sankofa, now that Death is her constant companion?
Publisher: Tor
Publication: January 19th 2021
Cover Rating: 5/5
Reading Format: Provided e-ARC/Owned Hardcover


Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor is the story of Death, yes, Death, as in an actual person who can walk around and take your life. But no, not the Grim Reaper, a girl. A girl who lost her entire village because of a seed.

The girl spoken of above had a name, it was Fatima, but once she became Death, she forgot her name.

I really enjoyed this book even though it was extremely short. I would have loved to see this as a full-length novel because I feel like I didn’t get enough of the Sci-Fi aspects I was hoping for until the very end when it’s like BAM this is about *SPOILER* and that is what made it Sci-Fi. Yeah, there was a bit of higher technology towards the end as well, but I still want to see a full novel.

Overall, I will definitely be checking out some of the others other books(considering I think I own all of them) and seeing how I feel about those.

In the end, I gave this book 3.5/5 stars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei