Monday, July 8, 2013

Review Reboot by Amy Tintera

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 3:42 PM
Before I write this review I want to clear something up. Someone told me my reviews aren't what they need to be. And I just wanted to say I'M SORRY! No.. Actually I'm not sorry. My reviews are how I FEEL about the books I read and I am completely honest in what I say. I don't do the whole in depth breakdown of the book bit by bit because I don't enjoy spoilers so I wouldn't want to be the one to give them too. Ive seen people write HUGE essay's on how they felt about the book and that just isn't me. I am pretty straight forward and I don't like to sugarcoat everything. Quite frankly, in my opinion, people who write essay reviews are just telling people what the stories are about in a nutshell. That isn't a review. A review is supposed to be personal. But this is just my take on the situation. So I'm not sorry if you think my reviews aren't right. They feel right to me.


Title: Reboot
Author: Amy Tintera
Format: Hardback
Source: Library
Publisher: HarperTeen

REVIEW:

I hated this book... because it made me fall in love with it. This book definitely puts a whole new twist on the Zombie Apocalypse/T-Virus hype. I started this book and for some reason I couldn't get more than 5 pages in without putting it down and walking away. But I am very glad that I sucked it up and decided to read it regardless of the first 5 pages. I completely LOVE Wren. She definitely proves that you can be a bad ass but still have room in your heart to fall in love. She also proves that love will make you do lots of things you never would have done before. Callum is super sweet and I am glad he doesn't give in to Wrens hard-ass behavior in the beginning. He sticks to his true nature and that, in turn, helps Wren come out of her shell.

HARC is a very evil corporation, much like the Umbrella Corporation. They control the Reboots and use them as super enhanced soldiers. And after Ever falls victim to their testing and drugs I knew there was no way Wren would remain a good little soldier anymore. The final straw was the threat put on Callum's life. This book kept me guessing. I could never quite tell what was going to happen next and I really enjoyed that.

I definitely could have finished this book in a day but I am a horrible, HORRIBLE procrastinator lately and I need to stop that.

By the end of the book I was on edge, I didn't know what was going to happen toe Callum. I didn't know is Adina would make it. And when Bishop locked Wren in that room I was freaking out. But I am glad the book ended the way it did. Makes me hope for another book that explains the life of the Reboot Reservation and tells me what happens between Wren and Callum. I reaaaalllyy hope there is another book.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with this book. I connected with all of the characters. My favorite character has to be Leb as he helped Wren save Callum. But aside from that, TEAM CALLUM! Oh lord, I'm drooling over a Reboot.

I give the book 5/5 kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei