Friday, July 26, 2013

Review Shadow of the Mark

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:52 AM
Title: Shadow of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Publisher:HarperTeen

REVIEW: This is probably one of the few books I have read where I liked the second book better than the first book. I actually anticipated this book because of how the first one ended and put it on order at the library the minute it came out.

My heart aches for Megan and Adams inability to really have a physical relationship. It effects them so much that they risk everything and try it anyways causing dire consequences.

I think it is messed up of Chloe and Rian to wave their relationship in Megan and Adams face. They are definitely responsible for pushing Megan and Adam over the edge.

The shock of Cu and Chloe was a good addition. 

I read 230 pages on the first day. But for some reason, with these books, once I get to the end I really don't want to finish it. I know the action is coming but it doesn't interest me for some reason. It took me 2 more days to finish the last 70 pages. The action was okay and intense.

The fact the the Order wasn't who they said they were was also shocking.

Anu?! Whaaaat???

The very end made me tear up. Having to walk away from someone you truly love is the hardest thing in the world to do. And having to do it at such a young age over some stupid power you never wanted in the first place? That has to suck even more.

I'm not sure how I feel about Caitlin's involvement. I admit I wouldn't want to lie to my best friend all the time but I'm not sure if I would have been able to tell her that big of a secret.

Fionn and Randell... That broke my heart. I was kind disappointed that Chloe survived. I really didn't like her.

In short this book was heartbreaking and shocking.

One more thing.. DID THEY DO IT OR NOT?! Guess I have to wait for the next book. The way it ended... There has to be a next book.

Overall, I give the book 4/5 kitties.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei