Sunday, January 19, 2014

REVIEW: And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 1:34 PM
Title: And We Stay
Author: Jenny Hubbard
Format: eBook ARC
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: January 28th 2014

REVIEW: And We Stay is such an inspirational and heart-wrenching book. It inspired me to purchase a book of Emily Dickinson poems and it showed me that the heart can heal but it will never be whole again. I know I cannot do a review that would ever do this book justice but I'm going to try.

Jenny Hubbard's writing is touching and captivating. She has a way of making a fictional book seem extremely realistic.

Emily Beam is such an amazing girl. She went through so much in a matter of weeks and she was still able to keep herself at a functioning level. I am still trying to figure out if Emily was possessed or maybe a reincarnation of Emily Dickinson. That part wasn't explained nor did I see anything that had to do with a real ghost.

I am curious as to whether Emily would have kept the baby if it wasn't for her parents forcing her to do it.

Paul seemed like a very unique person. I would have loved to have gotten to know him before all the horrible things happened. I also think he would have been a good father despite everything. Not many teenage boys would stick by a girl after he got her pregnant. Emily was the one to leave, not Paul.

The girls school was a good place for Emily. I think starting over was the only way she was going to have some semblance of normal. K.T. was a strange but good friend. Emily wouldn't have gotten as far as she did without her.

The poems throughout the book were amazing and well written. The metaphors used were brilliant and well used.

I still have a few unanswered questions but the book left me very emotional and sensitive.

One quote I took away from this book is "Because God didn't write the Bible. Men did, probably uneducated ones." I love this statement. And We Stay will definitely be on my list of books to buy for my personal collection.

This isn't all I have to say and I know I will probably add more to this after I let the book sink in for a few days.

Overall, I gave the book 5/5 Kitties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei