Wednesday, August 2, 2017

REVIEW: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - Valeria

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 10:00 AM
Rate:

Goodreads Description:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

So when the movie came out, I was all about reading the book first, to know what to expect. Which now a days if you have come across both you know that they are different.
Back then, the book was interesting enough to me but still not worth it enough to finish it. It was totally one of the first books that I bought for myself besides Twilight. And even then, my mom bought me Twilight after I asked for it. 

I have ALWAYS wanted to read this series but have never given myself the time to sit and actually get to it and even now, I went the audiobook route. I loved the audiobook, the extra effects that they add personally made the book a lot better when it came to feeling the things that Ethan felt, and saw and made it easier to understand, particularly when it came to the flashbacks and dreams, since the tone was different, it added the creepiness that it really should be. 
It made the experience really enjoyable.

Something I have always wondered is HOW in the world are teens in books and movies able to not just sneak in and out but sneak other people into their rooms and not get caught. Like HOW the living heck!
But that's not relevant
But seriously, someone tell me. 
Anyways, i devoured the book this time around, I thought that the book was simply enjoyable but no, I found myself going through 80% of the book in a single day and would've continued onwards if I wasn't so upset while studying for my calc test.
I would go ahead and rant on calc cuz it destroyed my life but what is the point. 
I can see why people love this series so much, I grew to care so much for the characters, for all of them really and I can't even place what it was about it that just drew me so much. 
I am such a fan now, if I didn't have a life changing test coming up.
The story was entertaining and so was the ending, the ending left with with a sense of satisfaction but knowing that there is more, I am more than eager to devour the world and know all about everyone in it. 

Recommend it?
Yes. I do, I really do.


1 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham on August 4, 2017 at 2:33 AM said...

I loved book one a lot. Book two not so much and that's where I fell off. But I plan to get back to it because I still love the world on a whole. Glad you enjoyed it and do you have any favorite characters or scenes?

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei