Monday, October 20, 2014

Mini Review Monday[23] Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeleine Kuderick

Posted by HelloJennyReviews at 11:00 AM





I was expecting a book about cutting, yes, but I wasn't expecting a book about girls who do it as a ccompetitivesport. It is crazy to see how much school and popularity has changed since I was in school. It's no longer about whose the prettiest or the richest. It's about drugs, cutting and sex.

Kenna is a strong, brave girl. It is just a shame that she fell into the trap of teenage peer pressure. 

Having a sister like Avery and a "best friend" like Rennie can really take it's toll on a young girl. I can understand why Kenna maybe would have had some of the feels she had but Rennie pushed her into cutting and Avery just made Kenna's cutting seem like the right thing to do her.

I think meeting Skylar helped Kenna to realize that her friendship with Rennie is toxic. Well, that, plus the horrible phone call with Rennie and "The Snitch."

The Calming Jar is such an amazingly cool idea. I marked the page in the book and I want to try to make one for myself. 

Kiss of Broken Glass is a very short book written in verse but it has such a huge impact that it will feel like you read an entire 300  page book. I think parents should read this book. It is based, somewhat, off of a true story AND this stuff happens EVERYDAY, EVERYWHERE, to all kinds of people. 

Overall, I gave the book 4/5 mini kitties.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us on Facebook

Please wait..10 SecondsCancel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Hello Jenny Reviews Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei